The Alliance Française de Male’ has been spreading French language and Francophone culture since 2009. A private higher education establishment and recognised training body, the Alliance Française de Male’ is, above all, a not-for-profit organisation. It has built its actions and reputation on the quality of its teaching and training programmes, in a multicultural environment which promotes exchanges, respect and conviviality.
In 2013, we had more than 500 students in the city. We are teaching in schools, in resorts and we are conducting classes for adults, teenagers and kids.
THE ALLIANCE FRANÇAISE IS MORE THAN A SCHOOL!
The Alliance Française de Male’ also hosts a variety of cultural events and activities.
Being a Member of the Alliance Française gives you special rates for our events, special invitations and the possibility to borrow books & DVDs from our library.
To find out about our cultural programme, please contact us at email@example.com
The Alliance Française de Male’ provides professional French, English and Divehi translation services to meet your needs. To obtain a quotation, please submit your document by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alliances Françaises network
The Alliance Française was created in 1883 in Paris under the aegis of Paul Cambon and Pierre Foncin, around personalities such as Jules Verne, Louis Pasteur, Ferdinand de Lesseps, Armand Colin and Ernest Renan.
Today, it is the leading cultural network worldwide, with 1,040 establishments in 136 countries on all five continents. Each year, 450,000 people, of all ages, attend Alliances Françaises to learn French and more than 6 million people participate in their cultural activities.
The network is coordinated by the Alliance Française Foundation (Fondation Alliance Française).
What is an Alliance Française?
Each Alliance Française is a local not-for-profit organisation operating autonomously with no political or religious commitments.
All Alliances Françaises work towards three essential tasks:
- Offering French classes for all
- Spreading awareness of French and Francophone culture
- Promoting cultural diversity
Alliances Françaises have shared values which drive the network, acting as the basis for all their actions:
- Respect for cultural diversity, a passion for exchanges and solidarity
- The values of the not-for-profit sector
- Striving for excellence in all activities undertaken
- Modernity and innovation
At the moment, we are 3 teachers working actively at the Alliance Française: ( from left to right)
- Delphine Juillet, French Teacher and Cultural Events Manager at AFM since 2013, is now our new director since this January 2015.
- Graziella Laurito, joined us in March 2015. She is teaching at AFM and LLC. She is also the French Teacher of Ghiyasuddin International School.
- Raphael Mahfoudh, joined us in January 2015. He is teaching the Advanced class (A2) at AFM. He is also the French Teacher of Billabong International School.
- Ismail Shahzan Hameed, Administrative Officer.
- Philippe Laurella, Vice President.
- Ahmed Abdul Majid, President.